Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Molly's New Look

You know I usually rest in the same room as Molly to be sure that she doesn't get into any trouble.  Well, now that she is four, we have gotten a little looser on things, so Ed was working in the garage while the kids and I were resting in our separate rooms.

Now keep in mind that the guest room, where Molly rests, is a bit of a disaster because of random drawers we are storing in there until we can paint them. Molly decided to check out the content of the drawers...and found some scissors. They were fairly small scissors, easy for a young four year old to use. So, she quietly set about her work and cleaned up the mess afterwards.

When I got up from my rest, I looked at her scrunched on the couch.  I thought to myself, "Molly looks like she has bangs. Molly doesn't have bangs. Isn't that something that her hair is tucked just right for me to see what she would look like with bangs and shorter hair?" Silly me. Later, as I went to stroke her nice long locks, it became clear:





Yes, that is seven inches gone!  Now the pictures were taken after I removed the three rat tails that she has left in the back. The rest is totally her own work.  I must say, she did a pretty decent job.  Of course, it was on Sunday afternoon, the day before most salons are closed all day.  So, we waited until today to shape things up a bit.  Here is her new look:


Rest assured that all the scissors are now hidden.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Hey, welcome to blogworld! Molly looks adorable - she really did do a nice job on it! Did I ever tell you M9 did that exact same thing when she was 4 and I was pregnant with E? I wasn't nearly as gracious as you - she totally looked like a boy when she was done with one skinny rat tail down the back. I alternated between being mad and laughing.

It'll grow back. That's what I kept telling myself. But seriously, Molly looks great. :)

BKicklighter said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!
Molly does look adorable and I am sooo glad to be able to see her. Sorry it happened the way it did but what a sweet face!

AND I didn't know we had names for our little ones. That means it HAS been tooooo long since we chatted. What are you doing Thursday morning?

Marcie said...

Thanks, friends! Your blogs are a big part of why I started mine. I love being able to keep up with your families and see the photos. Jack and Molly really love looking at the pictures, too.

Thanks, too, for the encouragement on the hair. I go back and forth between liking it and being sad over it. It certainly will be easier to keep looking nice. Love you guys.

Shannon said...

Marcie,
I have asked Ed in the past if you were planning on starting a blog to keep us posted on latter pregnancy and the arrival of the girls. Since I have a philosophical opposition to facebook, blogs seem like a good half-way point to keep up with updates without truly being in hundreds of superficial interactions each day. Anyway, maybe one day I'll finally get on facebook, but until then, I added you blog to my google reader so I'll be automatically updated when you post. Much love,
shannon hathaway

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! I remember doing that as a little kid.

Lori said...

She is getting so big!