Thursday, October 23, 2008

It Could Be Tomorrow

Well, I went to the ob today for my ultrasound and check-up.  The ultrasound technician measured Abbey at 5 lbs. and Caroline at 5 lbs. 6 oz.  She even saw hair on Abbey's head.  So, those are great weights.  Their heart beats are good and their chests are making breathing movements.  

The iffy part is that Caroline's amniotic fluid is low.  The cut off is 5 and she is in the 4 range.  I told both the doc and the ultrasound tech that the past two nights I had thought that I might be leaking fluids, but that it was just a little bit.  They couldn't detect any traces of fluid while I was in the office.  

My ob gave me two options.  One was to go to the hospital and let them monitor me until tomorrow.  The other was to come home and monitor myself until tomorrow.  If I have any signs of leakage, I am to go to the hospital.  I chose this option.  Regardless, tomorrow morning, I will have another ultrasound to check the fluid level.  If it is still low, I will be admitted to the hospital.  

If I am admitted, the ob said she would probably go ahead and do the C-section then.  We are still in that bit of gray zone, where it would be better if they stayed inside.  But, if the fluid is low, then that isn't good either.  Since I had the steroid shots last week and since we are almost out of the gray zone, then the ob thinks delivery would be the best.  So, we will see.

I am not sure how I feel about this.  I am kind of hoping that we get to see our girls tomorrow, but I am pretty apprehensive about it, too.  I am DREADING the operation and concerned about NICU time.  But, there is a big part of me that will be sad if I come home tomorrow from the appointment.  Ultimately, I am glad that it is in the Lord's hands to increase the fluids or not.  I will try to rest in that.  

Speaking of rest, I am going to go lay down.  I feel some contractions, not unlike the ones I have felt most of the past several weeks.  Please pray for us and wisdom for the doctor.  Thanks!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Wow, Marcie! Crazy and exciting. I'll be eagerly looking forward to hearing something somehow at sometime!