Friday, August 6, 2010

Off to School

I started to title this post, "Back to School." Then I realized that wouldn't be accurate. Molly isn't "back to school," rather, she is starting school. If you remember that in February, we decided to start Molly in kindergarten this year. Today was her first day.




Over the summer she wasn't very excited about the idea and focused on how much she would miss me. Buying a Tinkerbell lunch box, a hot pink water bottle and a light pink backpack with a monogrammed, cursive M on it made all the difference. This morning she snuggled with me and told me how excited she was to be going to school "like Jack". Today was just a testing day, and she won't go to meet her teacher and classmates for another week. But, the first day is behind us. She had a great day and told me she had already made a new friend. I found it ironic that her new friend, "Valerie" shares a name with one of Molly's imaginary friends. I am pretty sure that this time, "Valerie" is a real girl.

3 comments:

BKicklighter said...

Just can NOT get over the fact she is in school . . .and that they start so early. What did she do today that didn't involve her teacher or classroom??

Lori said...

So glad you are back! I have been waiting! ;)
Also so glad that Molly ended up enjoying her first day!!

Jessie said...

Yea! And she looks just precious!