Monday, February 22, 2010

Ronald McDonald House

All I can say is put your spare change in the box next time your are in McDonalds. I'm sitting here on the queen sized Select Comfort bed at the Loyola Ronald McDonald House. I couldn't be more impressed. The house is so nice and comfortable. They have all kinds of food that volunteers have provided. Everything is so clean and organized. They have anticipated our needs, and we are able to relax. Although our stay is short, many stay a long time. We met a family who is going on their fifth month here. I can't imagine having to deal with that kind of medical circumstance, but I know that this house would be a bright spot in a difficult time. Ed will be staying here each night, and I will stay with Abbey in the hospital. (At least that is the plan.)

So, we are thankful for this organization. We are thankful for a safe trip. We are very thankful that Abbey only had one major meltdown. (She got fussy a few times but books, snacks and my entertainment staved off too much crying until the last 30 minutes.) We are thankful the snow ended earlier in the day, so we didn't run into road trouble, either.

Here's hoping for a good night sleep in preparation for all of the preop. stuff we will endure tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Thanks for posting! Been thinking thinking thinking about you guys. Love and prayers are with you!