Friday, November 7, 2008

Progress

Abbey has been making some progress with her bottle feeding.  She took four full feedings in a row by bottle yesterday evening/night.  That is really great for her, as she hasn't been consistent at all before this.  The neonatologist said if she continues to take her bottles, then she may be able to go home on Sunday.  Unfortunately, she was too tired to take a full bottle from me today at the 12:00 and 4:00 feedings.  

If she takes bottles tonight and tomorrow morning, I am going to spend tomorrow night and "room in" with her.  I am skeptical that she will be ready for that, but we will see.  Please pray that she will at least take one full bottle from me tomorrow, even if she isn't ready to room in.  

The last piece of good news is that they removed her nasal gastric tube.  They may have to reinsert it, if she continues to be inconsistent.  But, it was wonderful to see my sweet girl's face without the tape and tube.  I wish I'd had my camera.  Maybe tomorrow.  

Thanks for keeping up with us.  

3 comments:

Megan said...

Thanks again for the update, Marcie. How are you holding up?

Jessie said...

Praise the Lord for the progress! We will keep praying, and hoping you get to see more of her sweet little face...

Anonymous said...

Marcie, I am very glad to hear that she is making progress. I will continue to pray for you all. Thanks for the update.