Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Some Photos

Okay, so I didn't get the pictures up yesterday.  I am sure it won't be the first time I don't accomplish the thing or things on my to do list.  But, I did feed and soothe two babies all day.  I'd call that a big accomplishment!  

Here are some pictures.  I am not thrilled with many of them.  The camera flash bothers the girls, who sleep most of the time, so our chances are limited.  And, the pictures are out of order, again.  I'll get this blog thing down soon.

The following is a picture of both girls at home with us.  I am holding Caroline on my right side and Abbey on my left.  I know this picture makes it hard to tell how much they do or do not look alike.  Sorry, hopefully more to come on that front.



This is a very blurry picture of Abbey.  But, I included it, because you can kind of see her cleft palate.  It is the darker red part (i.e., hole) in the roof of her mouth.  Our first appointment with the ENT from the Cleft Palate team is in mid December.  I am sure we will find out more information then.



We were nervous to leave the medical oversight, but so glad to bring our girl home.



Here is a sweet one of Abbey as we were getting ready to leave the hospital.  One of the members of our church, Paula McLellan, made the bonnet for Abbey.  (She also made one for Caroline.)  The girls can take it apart and use it as a handkerchief at their weddings.  It will be "something old".  Isn't it beautiful?




So, those are the pictures for now.  We are getting along okay.  Abbey hasn't been taking her full feedings since we came home, but she is better today than yesterday.  I think part of it is the transition.  Our house is a lot more stimulating than the NICU.  She has gained weight, according to the rental scale they sent home with us.  So, I am not too worried.  

My main concern is that Molly now has the fever that Jack got over and Ed has had a relapse of his cold.  Please pray for them and that we can keep the babies fever free.  When Jack and Molly were babies, the doctor said that a fever in a less than 3 mth old automatically meant a hospital admission.  I don't know if they would be more lenient on us, knowing the fever was from a sibling.  I certainly don't want to have to find out.  

Thanks again for your interest, encouragement and prayers.  The Lord is using them to sustain us during this precious, exhausting time.


2 comments:

Jessie said...

Beautiful, beautiful little people. I can't wait to kiss their foreheads! And yours!

BKicklighter said...

Is Jesse coming to see you?

Those pictures are wonderful. Makes me want to get in my car pronto.

I'll pray bout the fevers. KB had a fever at 2 months, remember, and had a two night stay at St. John's. They said, afterward, "it was probably just her brother's cold but we had to be sure." Yep, I'm going to go pray against that right now on your behalf.

I love you