Friday, December 12, 2008

Respite

Thanks to Ed, I got a real treat yesterday.  I got to take Molly to school alone.  That means we could just walk out to the van, hop in and go.  She could talk all that she wanted without any interruptions--no crying sisters, no interrupting big brother.  

Then I got to leave two and a half hours early for my eye appointment, armed with $20 for a yummy lunch.  Since I was already going "in to town" for my appointment, I decided to go to the new Panera and enjoy some of the food that I had been missing since leaving St. Louis.   Then I went to Barnes and Noble, got some yummy coffee, read a book and wandered around.  Finally, I went to the mall for my appointment.  As I was walking in and seeing the people and the holiday decorations, I couldn't help but smile.  It was great to be free for a few hours. 

At the outset, Ed said he wanted me to have a respite.  It was a wonderful break!  I came home ready to feed the hungry and comfort the fussy, all thanks to Ed.  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that's a good relaxing change of pace. & you felt well enough to enjoy it!
-love
Bakie