Friday, January 16, 2009

Abundantly More

I am amazed and humbled. The Lord has truly done more than I could have asked or imagined.



Two weeks ago, a couple that I barely know dropped off essentially an entire wardrobe for what remains of Abbey and Caroline's first year. They also gave us linens to decorate a room for twin girls. We are talking sheets, bumber pads, diaper stackers, the whole works...times two. And they did it all for free! They said that they felt the Lord putting it on their hearts to give us all the old clothes that their twins had outgrown. But, they didn't bring it all, as they didn't want to overwhelm us. So, they just brought the first year's worth. And, it isn't just stuff that nobody else would want. It is precious, good stuff. Some of it looks barely worn. Did you catch the first part that they are basically strangers--a family I have met once. Thank you Williamsons and thank you Lord!

But, the amazing thing is that that isn't all. Not only has God provided clothes for our girls, but they are three months old and we have yet to buy a diaper or wipe. And, we have a large stash of them in our closet waiting to be used.

I have been overwhelmed by how the Lord has cared for through His gracious provision, using even strangers. There is Vi, my aunt's neighbor, who heard about us and sent two adorable pjs from The Children's Place. Lori, another woman I have only met once, lives next door to our church friend, Kaye. According to Kaye, Lori took it upon herself to be our diaper fairy. Over the course of several weeks, she sent us several huge boxes of diapers and wipes that she bought at Cosco. Another church friend, Laura, brought me some precious bibs that her aunt bought for Abbey and Caroline. She had heard about us through Laura and thought we would like the bibs. Ann Louise, Ed's sister, is a physical therapist. One of the families that she treats has twins. That mother sent me three sets of outfits. Can you say, "Wow!" All of this from strangers, and this doesn't even count the stuff that people that we do know have done. I am amazed.

I really am so humbled. I do not trust God to provide. I fret and worry. I get anxious and angry. And yet, He has done this for his unworthy child. He has shown me His love in these diapers, clothes, friends, and strangers. More than that, He has shown me His love through Christ. Why am I amazed that He would and could give me diapers and clothe my children when He has given His child to clothe me in righteousness? O may I learn to trust such a generous, loving Father who doesn't give up on his daughter.

1 comment:

BKicklighter said...

I am so encouraged. SO ENCOURAGED.
Thank you for posting this so we can be reminded of His faithfulness and provision. (Timely because we just got the bill for my crown) I miss you, friend, and I am thrilled for your new goodies. What a mighty God we serve.