Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Our Artist in Residence



Jack recently found Ed's old 18" by 24" drawing pad. He has started a jungle themed collection of art. Some drawings are just one page size, but others are multiple pages.



I love his creativity and the detail that he adds. This one has the dark clouds, lightning and rain drops. The dark clouds have the wavy pattern, because he was drawing on top of a patterned stool. But, he liked the look and decided to continue with it. What you can't see is the thunder. He held the picture up and started wiggling it back and forth. The sound it produced was the thunder.



Sometimes I think he has a really good artist's eye. I love the way he did the sunset in this picture. His "use of color" surprised me. Most kids would just do the sun and the blue sky, or maybe rows of pinks and orange. I really like how he did the orange on top of the blue.



This is one of my favorites. I would never have thought of doing branches on a Christmas tree like this. Isn't that awesome?!



This is an older one. It is bugs that he saw on our vacation to the mountains. His bugs are great!



And not to be left out, I have included a piece of Molly's work. I think it is amazing how she started this picture. Look how she has divided up the grass into sections. Then, can you see the small strokes as she colors in each small square? Unfortunately, her attention span didn't last long enough to finish it, even over two different sessions. I like it nonetheless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like truck pictures to me...where are the jungle animals??? :) nk

Marcie said...

Well, they are jungle trucks. The animals are driving and in the other pictures. You know there is going to be trucks. :o)

Jessie said...

Lovely! I am impressed!