Sunday, January 25, 2009

Our Abigail



Our precious Abbey is three months old. She is smiling more and more, although she wouldn't give me a good one for the picture. She is still our sensitive girl, getting overwhelmed easily. She loves to be wrapped up tight or carried in my Maya Wrap. She also loves to look at her mobile and the lights on her swing. She is doing a great job learning to sleep through the night, sometimes going seven hours between feedings. She is a tough little girl, enduring the rough love dished out by her older siblings.

The great news of the week is that she was approved for care by the Shriner's Hospital for Children in Chicago. We are thrilled and very thankful to Doc, Mimi and a family friend who is a Shriner, Charlie Yeoman. They all helped us with the application process making it easier and faster. Now we are trying to schedule our first visit for sometime in March. Thanks to those who prayed about this opportunity with us.

Of course if Abbey is three months old, that means Caroline is three months, too. When I get some photos of her, I will post them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marcie, I am so excited and glad that she has been accepted! I hope you all are doing well! I miss you a lot! It is also great to see that Abbey continues to do so well!

Laura

S.DeAnn Harris said...

Marcie,

I'm so glad Ed mentioned that you had a blog in this morning's 'conference call'. I didn't know (or maybe you told me and I totally forgot - which happens!) Anyway, I am so happy to see Abby and am thankful for the news about treatment for her. I also was not aware of her situation with cleft palate so am very thankful the Lord is assisting you with good people to address this. I do love and miss you very much and hope to keep in better touch.

DeAnn